7th May 2013
Please note that this consultation has now closed. We are just data entering the last few paper responses and then we will be able to update you with the headline findings. We will update this page within the next day or so.
9th May 2013
In total 596 residents took part in the consultation. Here is a summary of what you told us:
1) Crime, health services and clean streets are the most important factors in making somewhere a good place to live
2) But road and pavements, dog fouling and activities for teenagers are most in need of improvement
3) 95% are very or fairly satisfied with the local area as a place to live
4) 77% feel that RVBC provides value for money
5) 74% of people who have contacted the Council in the last 6 months were satisfied with their experience
6) 52% believe that RVBC acts on the concerns of local residents
If you would like to see the detailed responses to each of the questions, please click here for the full breakdown. We are currently analysing all the responses and a report will be taken to the Council's management team by early June. We will share this with you ASAP after this date.
7th June 2013
The results of the survey were presented to Ribble Valley Borough Council's management team on 5th June 2013. A report was prepared looking at the results in detail and you can read this report by clicking here (pdf, 1.7mb).
As part of the discussions a number of immediate decisions were made:
1) The report should be presented to the next Policy and Finance committee so that members can consider the findings and agree suitable actions
2) The report should be sent to the Leader of the council
3) The report should be sent to heads of service within the council to look at the elements within the report that affect their service area
4) A detailed action plan be created and brought back to management team within the next couple of weeks
Once the action plan has been created, we will update this page accordingly.
5th July 2013
The action plan is currently being formulated and will be discussed with the Heads of Service at a meeting next week. Once it has all been agreed it will go to the Policy and Finance committee meeting in September to be signed off.